How to apply
Important Instructions for Applicants (Please read carefully before applying.)
Only applications from nationals of one of the 28 NATO member countries can be accepted.
Completed official Application Forms quoting the post title and post number should reach the Civilian Personnel Branch at email@example.com
, not later than the closing date as indicated on the respective vacancy announcement(s).
For the completion of the Application Form please note:
- Only Official JFC HQ Brunssum Application Forms are acceptable for selection purposes. All questions are to be answered in English.
- Application Forms in the initial phase of recruitment are acceptable as softcopies only (no signatures required).
- A maximum of 4 pages plain paper (A4) may be added to the official Application Form in case, for certain items, more space is required.
- Application Forms and additional pages (if any) are to be forwarded in Word format (other formats may cause transmitting/capacity problems)
- Copies of relevant diploma’s/certificates are not to be forwarded until requested. Please note that, once diploma’s/certificates will be requested, any such documents, other than in the English, Dutch or German language, should be translated into English and if possible attached as a certified translation. It should be noted that an official institution may assess value and validity of diploma’s and certificates.
- In case of multiple applications within the same organization, applicants should send separate applications for each post. On each application they have to refer to the other post(s) in which they are interested and have applied for, listing them in order of their preference.
- Applicants who are, or have been, employed as a NATO civilian, are requested to indicate current/last grade.
- Active NATO Civilian, ICC or LWR Staff, serving at other NATO organisations, must forward their applications through their own Civilian Personnel Office.
- Only applications completed in accordance with the above instructions will be taken into consideration.
Conditions of employment:
Salaries and conditions of employment will be in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. Salaries for NATO International Civilians are free from income tax, regardless of the staff member’s nationality. There are other allowances which may be payable depending on the status of the staff member and/or their family.
JFC HQ Brunssum, 1st NATO Signal Battalion: Except when otherwise stipulated, a contract of between one and three years, including a probationary period, will be offered to the selected candidate. On the expiry of this initial contract, if the organisation wishes to retain the services of the staff member concerned, a new contract, generally of indefinite duration, will be offered.
Prior to appointment, selected candidates will be subject to a security investigation through their own nation and might be subject of a pre-employment screening. Furthermore selected candidates are required to pass a medical examination by a doctor approved by the organisation, in order to ensure that they fulfil the physical standards demanded by the exercise of the functions of the post (please note that all posts are subject to deployment in support of military operations and exercises, both within and without NATO boundaries).
- A candidate can only be considered when her/his profile matches the essential qualifications of subject vacancy. Exceptionally requirements may be lowered in order to meet market conditions.
- Job descriptions may change during the recruitment process as a result of organisational developments and requirements.
- In case of applications from serving NATO Civilian Staff with an official redundancy status, these applications will be considered with priority.
- In case of candidates with equal qualifications, preference will be given to the candidature of serving NATO Civilian staff applying for the post.
- Confirmation of receipt of the application by the JFC HQ Brunssum Recruitment Office will be sent generally within two to three weeks after the closing date indicated in the vacancy announcement.
- After successful completion of the selection process, administrative procedures prior to employment may take from several months up to one full year.
- Unsuccessful applications will not be kept pending for future vacancies.
- Due to the large amount of applications received, telephone, e-mail or fax enquiries cannot be dealt with.
Open applications (general applications for non-advertised positions) cannot be taken into consideration and will not be answered.