Colonel Slawomir Walenczykowski
Potockiego street 1485-915 Bydgoszcz
NATO Force Integration Units (NFIUs) are part of the NATO Force Structure (NFS) under the primary responsibility of Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR); they have no deployable remit. NFIU Poland is one of four NFIUs under operational Command and Control (C2) of Headquarters Multi National Corps North East (MNC NE) which, itself, is a headquarters within the NFS. NFIU Poland is one of six first-wave NFIUs together with those established in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Romania.
Assigned specifically to Polish territory, with primary responsibility to facilitate the rapid deployment of the VJTF and other NRF elements held at high readiness levels in order to enhance Alliance responsiveness.
- Prepare and support the Reception, Staging and Onward Movement (RSOM) of the VJTF, and other NRF elements;
- Support Article V operations, planning and exercises, including fostering coherence with national defence planning;
- Support to Non-Article V operations, where appropriate and agreed by nations;
- Coordinate and assist multi-national training and exercises in Poland;
- Prepare and support the sustainment of the VJTF and other NRF elements;
- Support ongoing Assurance Measures (AM), including preparing to receive, support integration into operational C2 structure(s) and enable the sustainment of Combat and Combat Support elements engaged in AM activities.
1st September 2015 following decision of North Atlantic Council.
42 in the NFIU
- 21 Host Nation
- 21 international
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- United States