Alert Exercise Brilliant Jump 2020
Brunssum, the Netherlands – Monday 20th to Saturday 25th January, NATO’s NATO Response Force (NRF) successfully conducted the first part of the Brilliant Jump 2020 exercise by activating the Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF), including the NRF Component Commands.
This alert exercise is the first in a series of three activities that comprise of the Brilliant Jump 2020 exercise, designed to demonstrate NATO’s responsiveness and readiness to provide transparency on this.
Joint Force Command Brunssum is the lead headquarters for the NRF in 2020, and is supported by the following command and control elements:
- Land: Eurocorps (EURCORPS comprised of staff from five nations: France, Germany, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium);
- Air: British Joint Force Air Component (JFAC) HQ;
- Maritime: Spanish Maritime Force (SPMARFOR);
- Special Operations: Polish Special Operations Component Command (POL SOCC);
- Joint Logistic Support Group (JLSG) from JFC Brunssum.
Also contributing to the NRF 2020 force package are the Polish Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defence (CBRN) Task Force and the Multi-National CIMIC Group that is based in Italy.
Story by Allied Joint Force Command Brunssum Public Affairs Office