Brigadier General Selçuk Yurtsizoğlu was born in 1973, in Elazığ, Turkey. He graduated from Kuleli Military High School in 1992 and from the Turkish Military Academy in 1996. Following graduation from Signal School, in 1997, he served as platoon leader and company commander in various Turkish Land Forces (TLF) units until 2010. He served as plan officer between 2010 and 2012, G6 of Armoured Brigade between 2012 and 2015, Strategic Staff Plan Officer between 2015 and 2019, Deputy Mechanized Brigade Commander between 2019 and 2021. On 12 March 2021, Brigadier General Yurtsizoğlu was assigned to Afghanistan to serve as commander, TAAC-Capital
Brigadier General Yurtsizoğlu awards include the Althea Medal for his service in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2006 and NATO Medal for his service in Afghanistan in 2012.
Some of his educations are as follows.
- 1998 Combat Zone Communication System Course in Italy
- 2000-2003 Master Degree In Crisis Management From Atatürk University
- 2003-2004 Captain Career Course In USA
- 2018 Staff Officer Education In National Defence University
- 2018-2019 Army War College Command And General Staff Education In National Defence University
- 2020 Joint Command And Staff Education In National Defence University and Student Of Ph.D. Management In Ankara University
He is married and has two children.